A gift of appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift to either the Peoria Symphony Orchestra or the Peoria Symphony Foundation.
Here are some of the potential benefits:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax.
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction.
- Enjoy possible increased income.
- Further the PSO’s mission today!
Make your gift today by electronic transfer
It’s easy. Please contact us for delivery instructions to make a transfer from your brokerage account to Peoria Symphony Orchestra or Peoria Symphony Foundation.
Send us your gift by mail
If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to use two envelopes to complete your gift. In the first, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this from your broker or bank.
Please remember to use certified mail and to indicate whether you intend for your gift to go to the Peoria Symphony Orchestra (operating budget) or the Peoria Symphony Foundation (endowment).
Stock and Wire Transfer Instructions
Peoria Symphony Orchestra Stock Transfer Instructions
Donors may instruct advisors and trust officers to transfer securities intended for charitable contributions to Peoria Symphony Orchestra’s account at Morgan Stanley.
If your account is held at Morgan Stanley, complete the Authorization to Journal Securities or Funds form or contact your financial advisor to verbally authorize the transfer.
- Complete the “From” and “To” sections.
- Under “Instructions,” check “Securities” and then list the number of shares and the security name across from it.
- Sign and date at the bottom.
- Submit the document to your branch office or financial advisor.
If your account is not held at Morgan Stanley, you will need to initiate the transfer from your firm.
- The numbers required to accomplish the transfer are the DTC number and the Peoria Symphony Orchestra’s account number. Some firms may also require our legal address, which is: 101 State Street Peoria, IL 61602.
- For DTC and account information, please contact Priscilla Slaughter, Director of Development and Patron Engagement, at 309.671.1096.